Monday, September 20, 2010

Carver Mimic

This is the first thing I think that I have ever written that can be described as "plotless." I literally have no inspiration towards this, nor intimacy. I read "Cathedral" and was outstandingly unamused and without interest towards it.
I'm assuming that the only actual difference between Carver and Hemingway is theme and format. Carver favors narration while Hemingway adored dialouge. Yes, they are completely different but seeing as how they were both minimalists, the only real difference in regards to my approach was narration vs dialouge.

Honestly, I wrote this story just to write it. I re-read Cathedral three times and found nothing from it. The story I wrote is off my narrow assumption that it has a similar form to Carver, though even that I doubt.

For the 100% honesty, this has to be one of the worst things I've ever written. Not so much as you can't read it, but that I have no feeling towards it and I don't believe the readers will either.

EDIT: Trashed this story and wrote a different one.

No comments:

Post a Comment