Monday, November 29, 2010

Nothing to write

I partially cured writers block, except it hasn't really benefited me much.

Started a story, and got stuck (Prose-fiction-prose-fiction paragraph form. Take a guess which one I got stuck on). This stageplay that is due (probably tomorrow... ) is absolutely murdering me. It's not that it's a bad assignment, or that I hate stage plays, but it's just like my present fiction output, which is lacking.


I haven't posted on this in too long, but I think I've only slipped up once before so perhaps the "three-strikes" rule can apply?

Hmm... need something to talk about...

I decided to try and write something opposite of what I generally write the other day, and that was just a miserable experience. I wrote about a little girl whom wakes up and has cookies for breakfast, and whose mother than mildly lectures in a humorous manner while her father reads the paper and shares an eye-conversation with her which is of a "bonding" nature. She then runs out the door and hip-hip hooray's as she starts the day.
The whole time I imagined the dad having whisky in his mug, and the mother being nervous that the wig she is wearing (because she had cancer but is hiding it from the daughter) is going to fall.
How am I supposed to write happy stories when those are the sorts of sub-plots I imagine?

Whoever said write opposite of what you normally write, is a moron. It doesn't work, and, for me, it makes me feel like I just polluted those characters and can never, ever return to them (which I wouldn't have anyway, but still!).



I can't even make this blog interesting.
Just awful....................


So... this probably doesn't count yet, huh?

Ok...
The stageplay I'm writing is, loosely, a sequel to my favorite poem (Richard Cory), though not really. The name is scrambled, and there is absolutely no connection at all to the details of the poem. But, in my mind, it's a half-sequel solely because I know the character, and the inspiration behind the character, is Richard Cory.
So where would that lie, then, in the fiction terminology? Fan-fiction, although it has absolutely nothing to do with the poem? Or plagarism, seeing as I am not mentioning Richard Cory, the poem or artist, in my play?

Dunno... don't really care too much about that, to be honest.


Alright, I think this is 250 words. By the terrible-ness of this blog, I'm sure you can see I'm in quite a rut these days.


For the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment