Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Well this has just been awful

But they're done, all three incredibly short and entirely lacking poems.


This assignment was strange, the reason being is because I write poetry. A lot of poetry, actually. Except never have I considered typing it (Writing = Handwritten: Typing = Presenting), the reason being because it wasn't any good and I have no interest in pursuing poetry as the artistic-outlet.
This assignment was really crushing, actually. I didn't come at this "academically" or intelligently. I pushed it off until two days, and then started thinking, "Well, good-sir, why don't you ever try and type poetry?" I dunno why this thought came, because I know damn well why I don't type it (It loses what I like about the many tomes of dust-loving poetry I have; the lack of professional!), except somehow I tried to convince myself, partially, otherwise.

It's just weird. I do not deny poetry, and both (Some of) Khalil Gibran's and Sylvia Plath's poetry has always sat well with me. I just don't resonate with it as the major field, and everything about it's briefness (Well, my briefness) just always had me treat it as a piece of mental-candy, nothing more.


Ugh. This assignment has literally torn me apart. There's a deadline for this magazine coming up (1500 word short story) that I was hoping to make, except I feel the creative-mind fleeing at the moment, embarassed nearly by the mandatory poems that I had to present (Not attacking; just one of those things... ).

I was just about to type a contradicting paragraph here, but I'll stop.

Whacked out.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment